You can manage the database with the Adminer, a similar tool to phpMyAdmin.
Go to Settings and find the URL and One-Time-Password (OTP) under Database Management. The OTP is generated on the Settings tab load and is valid for 30 seconds.
Importing a database using WP-CLI
You can import an SQL or gzip database by using WebDAV and WP-CLI. The database tables need to have a wp_ prefix.
- Upload the database (SQL or gzip) to
wp-contentfolder by using WebDAV.
- Go to WP-CLI and run
wp db import "wp-content/your sql filename.sql"or
zcat "wp-content/your sql filename.sql.gz" | db import -.
- Click Restart PHP Workers so that caches and transients are reloaded.
- Delete the database from the file system.
Optimizing the database
Run the command
wp wcd db optimize in WP-CLI to:
- Improve DB performance by adding indexes to options and postmeta tables.
- Switch to the default InnoDB engine for tables. This comes in handy if you've transferred the store to WooCart on your own.