Update your WooCommerce Store
With our Lossless Staging, you can easily update everything on staging, review it, and publish it without loss of orders and other changes that happen in the meantime on the live store.
This means you can update your store on staging while customers shop on your live store and you won't lose the new orders.
The recommended way to update your store:
- Create the staging store.
- Login to the staging store and update WordPress, plugins, and theme.
- Test and review everything. Wait an hour or so to make sure no background processes are still running.
- Click Publish to Live. The live store is taken offline, then data is downloaded to the staging store, and then staging is published. This takes only a few minutes.
- Done! Your store is now up-to-date and online.
This way, you can have the store safely updated within an hour. If something goes wrong after updating, you can fix it on the staging environment before publishing the store.
The staging is archived after publish and should be deleted. It cannot be reused for another batch of changes.
Update with WP-CLI
Larger stores are updated easier with WP-CLI instead of the WordPress interface.
- Plugin update:
wp plugin update --all
- Theme update:
wp theme update --all
- WordPress core update:
wp core update
- WooCommerce database update:
wp wc update
- All in one command:
wp core update && wp theme update --all && wp plugin update --all && wp core language update && wp core update-db