Update your WooCommerce Store
With our Lossless Staging, you can easily update everything on staging, review it and publish it without loss of orders and other changes that happen in the meantime on the live store.
This means you can update your store on staging while customers shop on your live store and you won't lose the new orders.
The recommended way to update your store:
- Create the staging store.
- Login to the staging store and update WordPress, plugins, and theme.
- Test and review everything.
- Click Publish to Live. The live store is taken offline, then data is synced to staging store, and then staging is published. This takes only a few minutes.
- Done! Your store is now up-to-date and online.
This way, you can have the store safely updated in just a few minutes. If something goes wrong after updating, you can fix it on the staging environment before publishing the store.
Important: do not sync when updating to major versions
If you are upgrading major versions of WordPress (example: 5.3 to 5.4) or WooCommerce (3.9.3 to 4.0.0), you need to uncheck Sync Data from Live Store.
This is because there are database changes between major versions and that prevents reliable syncing.