Transfer store from WooCart to a different host
If for whatever reason you'd like to move the store from WooCart to a different host, you can do so by following the instructions below.
Downloading the files and database
Go to the Backups tab on the Store dashboard and click download to choose content or database.
Restoring the site on a different host
Follow the below steps to restore the Store.
- Create a new WordPress site on the new host.
- Make sure the WordPress version is the same on both sites.
- Upload your files to the new host with your preferred protocol (FTP/SFTP/WebDav). In most cases,
- Restore the database by following the instructions on WordPress.org.
- Remove folder
- When you have confirmed the new site works, change the nameservers to the new provider.
Transfer with a preferred plugin
Since we block most transfer/migration plugins, please contact us if you'd like to transfer the store with a plugin.
Make sure to remove the
wp-content/mu-plugins folder after transfer.